Amanda Hosler is a Costume Designer for television, music videos, commercials, and film. Specializing in costume fabrication, past work includes costumes for NVIDIA, Atari, and Technical Illusions, specialty fabrication at Frontline Design, and a host of features, short films, and music videos where she designed and fabricated their wardrobes. She has also previously been a teacher at SCROC in Fashion Design. Currently, she heads up the Costume Department at Maker Studios, a Walt Disney Company, where she runs a fabrication shop, a 3,000 piece inventory, and develops designs for commercial, music video, and YouTube production.
Awards: 2015 Streamy Nomination in Costume Design, 2014 Streamy Nomination in Costume Design, BlizzCon 2008 First Place Costume, BlizzCon 2007 First Place Costume
Hobbies: PC video games including League of Legends, Overwatch, World of Warcraft, Diablo, and Heroes of the Storm, console gaming on Wii U and Xbox One, vintage video game collecting, music arcade machine collecting, arcade machine repair and restoration (specialty in Dance Dance Revolution and Beatmania IIDX), TV show binge watching, help friends and coworkers make websites, and food lover.
Please email email@example.com for estimates and booking requests.
Costume Designer and Wardrobe Manager October 2012- Current
Maker Studios, A Walt Disney Company, Los Angeles, CA
- Provide leadership and vision to the wardrobe dept. organization, establish strategic goals for the dept. and create growth.
- Develop and maintain department and team staff in continued learning, direct dept. staff on weekly schedule and duties.
- Meet with producers on production needs, develop budgets for each project, source and purchase resources.
- Illustrate and design each look per project, research, rent/pull and full fabrication for three to five or more projects weekly.
- Assist on set with productions to fit production needs, manage and maintain the internal wardrobe inventory.
Freelance Costume Designer and Fabricator January 2009-Current
Freelance Employment, Los Angeles, CA
- Design and fabrication for over 200 productions, including feature films, television, commercials, music videos, short films, and trade show events for clients NVIDIA and Atari. Please see website portfolio for full credit list and examples of work.
3D Artist Contractor October 2015- January 2016
Lakshya Digital/Zenimax Online, Los Angeles, CA
- Create costume designs in Marvelous Designer based on concept art provided by Zenimax for Elder Scrolls Online game.
- Determine time frame and hours need to complete each costume set, submit completed work to Zbrush artists for final render.
Fashion Design Instructor April 2013- June 2013
Southern California Regional Occupational Center, Torrance, CA
- Instructed high school level students in curriculum based Fashion Design course on core construction and final fashion show.
Costume Fabrication Supervisor November 2011- February 2013
Frontline Design, Los Angeles, CA
- Manage, interview, and hire intern employees for upcoming projects, including Man of Steel feature film specialty costumes.
- Assemble and develop foam rubber detail pieces, cutting, coating with foil, painting, and sculpt to garments and displays.
Costume Designer February 2009- January 2012
NVIDIA Corporation, Los Angeles CA
- Designed and fabricated costumes from conception to completion for national events such as E3, CES, PAX, and Comicon.
- Developed concept sketches and final technical design specifications for all items including costume accessories.
- Created samples and final garments using draping and pattern making, fabricated fully sewn items including all accessories.
Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising August 2010-March 2012
- Achieved an Associates of Arts in Fashion Design with focus TV/Film Costume Design, graduating Cum Laude, GPA 3.78.
Arizona State University January 2006-May 2009
- WP Carey School of Business, Bachelor of Science in Marketing, College of Design, Bachelor of Arts in Design Studies, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, Minor in Communications, graduating Magna Cum Laude, GPA of 3.62, Deans List.
Career History Beyond Costume Design:
Technical Advisor June 2011- October 2012
Microsoft Corporation, Century City CA
- Microsoft Certified Technical Specialist (MCTS) Certified Professional, focus on Connected Home Integrator education.
- Analyzed customer computer equipment, hardware and software to determine needs, provided world class customer support.
- Serviced electronic equipment to bring it back to standard working order, to meet and exceed client expectations.
- Provided a personal shopping experience in order to facilitate the growing relationship between Microsoft and the consumer.
Fraud Detection Analyst/ Hosting Support and Sales November 2009- August 2010
GoDaddy.com, Mesa and Tempe AZ
- Consistently achieved low average handle time, and surpassing sales goals and call metrics while resolving the issue.
- Reviewed recent purchases for potential fraud, making contact with the customer if suspicion of fraud was found.
- Promoted on two occasions while employed for outstanding work ethic and attention to detail.
Geek Squad Counter Intelligence Agent February 2009- December 2009
Best Buy, Mesa AZ
- Evaluated client equipment with extensive computer hardware and software knowledge to create a valued solution.
- Repaired and serviced desktop and laptop units in an organized team effort, recording each step in the process.
- Educate customers on the use and maintenance of their electronics and provide guidance to new buyers.
Marketing Coordinator December 2007- February 2009
Oldcastle Architectural West, Phoenix AZ
- Coordinated accounts and maintained communication with vendors and promotion material wholesale.
- Created marketing materials using the programs Photoshop, Illustrator, and In Design to use in sales and event promotions.
- Organized and coordinated focus groups of 30 individuals in total and recorded and transcribed the data found.
- Managed the company sales budget to actual sales spreadsheet on each west region sub-company.
- Established a national map of over 1,500 dealers and local companies and use demographics to find potential new markets.
- Generated strategies to collect research data on phone interviews of previous customers and analyzed possible sales ideas.
- Designed email marketing campaigns to create focus on new products and company achievements.
Marketing Microsoft Representative August 2008- June 2009
Microsoft Corporation through Volt Information Sciences, Tempe AZ
- Implemented nationwide campaigns to obtain interest and awareness of new products through social media outlets including Facebook, MySpace, YouTube, and Live Spaces, and on-campus promotions and events centered on product demos.
- Developed analytical reports based on the successful outcome of campaigns to be presented in national conference calls.
- Achieved recognition as a top ten representative, receiving additional rewards and chosen to be in a select focus group to design future campaigns for the continuation of the national program.
Promotions Representative July 2007- November 2008
Spectre Entertainment Group, Hollywood CA
- Designed events and promotional item distribution for Rockstar Games, Atari, and Sony Pictures Entertainment.
- Promoted events using the social media Facebook, MySpace, and YouTube to achieve awareness and attendance.
- Reported results of each campaign conclusion with photos, attendance numbers, and overall effectiveness of the promotion.
Jr. Web Developer/ SEO Manager July 2006- June 2007
Digital Industries, Scottsdale AZ
- Created websites using Fireworks, Dreamweaver, and Illustrator with HTML/CSS using own graphics made in Photoshop.
- Promoted within 5 months of employment to Jr. Web Developer for dedication, hard work, and interest in learning.
- Managed over 15 financial websites and performed search engine optimization using link exchanges, forums and blogs for each site, with the use of Digg, StumbleUpon, and Reddit with RSS feed marketing to Facebook, YouTube, and MySpace.
- Maintained company accounts in each social media website to promote interest in financial services and offerings.